In the collaborative research project GLARS (Goal Based Learning in Alternate Reality Setting) the Cologne Game Lab, the Rheinische Fachhochschule Köln (RFH) and Rheinische Akademie Köln (RAK) are developing an education game for trainees in the field of biological technical assistants short BTA.
The goal of the project is to translate curricular content into engaging game mechanics on top of an educational roleplay gaming experience, which will blend the learning realities from school, home and job into an alternate reality setting. While the overall experience will include different kinds of media – videos, interactive infographics and audio, CGL´s research team will focus to explore and emphasize the motivational strength of games as highly effective learning medium thus empowering students to access complex topics Students will be able to develop and extend skills for their future jobs more easily and intentional.
This project is funded by the Bundesministerium für Bildung und Forschung (BMBF)
Team Cologne Game Lab
- Project Management – Katharina Tillmanns, M.A.
- Game Design / Art Direction – Carmen Johann, M.A.
Team Rheinische Fachhochschule Köln
- Project Management: Dr. Stefan Ludwigs
- Research Assistant: Leo Friedrich
Team Rheinische Akademie Köln
- Project Management: Andreas Rummrich
- Content & Didactics: Dr. Anja Yakeleba
- Content & Didactics: Dr. Stephan Gantner
- Content & Didactics: Ina Siedentop