The Master of Arts in 3D Animation for Film & Games is a cooperative study program of the Cologne Game Lab and the ifs internationale filmschule köln. It allows students to pursue their career in the media industry, while at the same time expanding their expertise in 3D animation in such areas as design, technology and dramaturgy within an academic context. During the four semesters of the program students design and execute various animation projects for film, digital games or immersive technologies and acquire the theoretical foundations to critically reflect on their artistic creations.
- 4 semesters (2 years)
- Part-time (required attendance: Mondays all day and Wednesday evenings)
- Language of instruction: English
- Start: mid-September
- Number of students per year: 6 – 24
- Work on personal or group project
- 3D animation for film, digital games and immersive technologies
- Media & Game Studies
- Animation history
- Animation proficiency in various media
- Project-oriented learning
- Compact attendance time
- International environment
- Bachelor degree (or higher) in film, games, design, or similar
- 12 months of work experience in the creative industries
- Successful completion of the application procedure
- International students need to apply through Uni-Assist as well. Check our special information for international students
EU citizens: 1.500 Euro / semester (plus one-time fee of 200 Euro upon enrollment) Non-EU citizens: 2.500 Euro / semester (plus one-time fee of 200 Euro upon enrollment).
The next call for application will be published in early January 2020. The application deadline to the program and to uni-assist (international students only) will be end of May 2020. Throughout the application process the selection committee will examine applicants’ formal, artistic and academic qualifications as well as their English language proficiency.
If you have any further questions, please contact: