The Bachelor of Arts in Digital Games is a full-time program that lasts seven semesters and is divided into three specialization tracks: Game Arts, Game Design, and Game Programming. During the first two semesters students receive general training in all three areas. From the third semester onwards, each student focuses on the specialization of their choice. Along with the practical and project-based modules, the students acquire the theoretical grounds necessary for the critical examination of video games.
For more information on how to apply to the BA program click here.
- 7 semesters (3 1⁄2 years)
- 3 possible areas of focus: Game Design, Game Arts, and Game Informatics
- Language of instruction: English
- Start: mid-September
- Number of students per year: 35
- No tuition fees
- Game design
- Audiovisual design
- Programming and technology
- Project management
- Video game & media studies
- Focus on both academic theory and professional practice
- Project oriented learning
- Transdisciplinary collaboration
- University entrance qualification (“Abitur” or “Fachabitur”)
- Successful completion of Cologne Game Lab’s application procedure
- International students need to apply through Uni-Assist as well. Check our special information for international students
Applications for the B.A. Digital Games will open in early February. Throughout the application process CGL will examine applicants’ formal, artistic and academic qualifications as well as their English language proficiency.
If you have any further questions you can email our student counselor, Federico Alvarez: email@example.com